Christ of the Abyss Reef Report and Pics 8/13/2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not know that on the ray, I thought when the head bulged like that it was always an eagle. Thanks for info.

You sure can take me up on it, I am unavailable this weekend but any weekends after that should be good to go. Its not too far of a drive just to do a single day either, but I usually stay at lease one night. Let me know.

thanks for sharing your report and photos...

Nice photos, man! Were they taken with the Paralenz? Judging from the depth and water temp stamps. I'd really like to dive that site sometime. Or really any site in Florida. I've only been once and it was cold and raining. Dec. 28 last year. Drove 11 hours down from DFW and made Pensacola at like 3:00 a.m. Dove Vortex spring in Ponce De Leon that afternoon and then hit the gulf the next morning. It was a warm 48 degrees and raining and bottom temps about 65. Vis wasn't but maybe 20 ft at best and very green. So I'd like to get a better FL diving experience soon!

Thanks for looking!!!

These were all taken in Key Largo, in Pennecamp State Park, at a spot everyone calls Christ of the Abyss. Its a cool spot but whats even better is there are a half a dozen spots right there in that area all within about 5 nautical miles of each other. Key Largo is one of my favorite places to dive, it has the better visibility of the keys IMHO.

Not a long flight for you if you are in Denton Texas!!! I have been there a few times, way back in 1995 ish. My uncle had a roofing company in Denton for about a decade until he moved north. I remember riding dirt bikes out back in the field and using salt pork to catch craw dads in the creek out back. Oh and lots of Crappie fishing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom