Chris as a model in Sport Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi All

quick note. Although I have not seen the August issue of Sport Diver, I have been told I am in a shot David Doubilet shot a few months ago on Guam. I assisted him far a few days as he worked on that assignment. anyway I am the diver kneeling on the wreck with a light looking up. politically incorrect eh! but a nice shot from what I am told. I haven't seen the photo yet but I have a good idea what it looks like as I sat there for over 20 minuets while David burned two rolls of film.

That was actually one of the last dives I did. Big depression Heavy Sigh :(

One of my images will appear in next months Sport Diver Photo Annual. I usually do not submit to magazines and this is actually the first of my images to appear in a US magazine, but Sport diver contacted me based on a recommendation from Michael Lawrence. A recommendation from such an Icon in the industry made my day, therefore I send in a few shots.

Chris

congratulations on both the modeling job and publication!
Will keep my eye out for the magazine once it is out.

Were you wearing a nice pink bikini?

Congrats Chris, am assuming the Photo Annual has something to do with whales?
Good to see you back on the board...back in Japan at the moment it sounds like if you are not diving...

Mike

That's an incredible shot! Hmmm... look like a good camera is not quite enough, where can I buy some imagination and creativity? :06:

ssra30:
That's an incredible shot! Hmmm... look like a good camera is not quite enough, where can I buy some imagination and creativity? :06:

Send me the D2X and housing and i will attach a booklet to it for you!! :wink: :wink:

On another note, going to Lembeh tomorrow? Awesome! Have fun, where are you staying? I can't remember....Two of my friends will also be there, probably on sat or so.

Chris Bangs:
Hi All

quick note. Although I have not seen the August issue of Sport Diver, I have been told I am in a shot David Doubilet shot a few months ago on Guam. I assisted him far a few days as he worked on that assignment. anyway I am the diver kneeling on the wreck with a light looking up. politically incorrect eh! but a nice shot from what I am told. I haven't seen the photo yet but I have a good idea what it looks like as I sat there for over 20 minuets while David burned two rolls of film.

That was actually one of the last dives I did. Big depression Heavy Sigh :(

One of my images will appear in next months Sport Diver Photo Annual. I usually do not submit to magazines and this is actually the first of my images to appear in a US magazine, but Sport diver contacted me based on a recommendation from Michael Lawrence. A recommendation from such an Icon in the industry made my day, therefore I send in a few shots.

Chris

wowwwwww thats an awesome pic. Have you seen it yet?

ScubaTwo:
wowwwwww thats an awesome pic. Have you seen it yet?

no, I have not seen it. But David Doubilet shot it therefore it must be great!

working with David for 3 days was a VERY good experiance. I was a camera sherpa ( he takes down like 9 rigs ) as well as his guide to the selected sites. but most of the time I just watched him do his thing. I may be in other shots as well, but wont know until I get my hans on an issue

on the surface David seemed to enjoy sharing his knowledge. I soaked it up.

Chris, i have the issue in front of me now. There are two wreck photos in it, the first is of the Shoan Maru in Rota, with a diver facing up and looking at the wreck, Tim (who is here at the moment) told me it is a Japanese lady who lives there and is a part time model for Tim. Perhaps he is wrong about that..
The second wreck is a diver swimming through the Cormoran holding a light, the quote on that is that it is a Guam guide named Jim Pinson.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom