Chosing my first camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I want to purchase a diving camera, I dive at the california coast mostly. I want one that I can grow with but is still easy to use being that this is my first diving camera, I'm looking to spend $300 to $800. Any help would be great!

Well although it will be slightly more than your plan (around $1,000), I would highly suggest the Sea & Sea DX5000G. Very versatle, easy to use camera. Extremely durable, excellent macro shots, and there is plenty of room to grow with it. I use this model and the previous model (DX3000) to teach my intro to photo classes with. Students are able to produce excellent results with little work. I think you would be quite happy with it. Check out www.seaandsea.com

Good luck, let me know if I can help you at all.

Get a Fuji F810 and Ikelite housing for it. Great camera with lots of underwater strengths. In your price range too (on the upper end maybe)

EDIT: Spelling

Back
Top Bottom