Choptima 9 volt battery issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmark18

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Last dive I got a low external battery warning. I needed to repack my scrubber anyway so I thought I would just replace the Ultralife 9 volt at the same time. I have tried 2 different batterie ( which test just fine with a volt meter) and I get either a low battery warning or a 3.6 volt display message. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to any remedies for this problem?

I would check the electrical connections to the solenoid. New batteries should work even if not same as the one that comes from DiveRite

I thought of that but didn't want to tinker thee unless I had to. This is a new issue as of the last dive.

I have seen it happen with the two 9 volt batteries that failed coming out of the same pack of batteries bought at Walmart or some such place.

Don't know what brand have you used, but at least on AP rebreathers there's an statement saying that Energiser has the best results, and Panasonic should be avoided
Maybe Duracell and Energiser should work better

I tried an alkaline battery and it worked. Then tried a NEW Ultralife and all is good now. I know the package says 10 year shelf life but I am guessing shipping or storage at temperature extremes could damage the battery. That's my best guess. Anyway, all good now and ready to dive next weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom