choosing a school.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zethliss

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I'm looking to do an open water course soon here in Notts.
Having checked the PADI site and browsed around on the website for the two centres listed I'm unsure with whom to book the course. Does anyone have any experience with either firststage or divemaster in nottingham? I've heard both good and bad reports about both so I'm not certain.
If not, what should I be looking for or asking about to help me select where to train?

Here's a good starting point if you're looking for an instructor: [thread=130180]Some Questions to Ask When Choosing an Instructor[/thread].

When I was looking for a school I did a google search to identify all schools nearby. Then I went down with the questions I found here and talked to instructors at both schools. I really clicked with one instructor who was older (like me :) and that made the choice easy. At the other school I told them I had driven an hour to see the school and had questions about the OW course and they handed me a schedule.....can't stqart until July but I am excited and have been working to get in better shape.

Another option is to look at BSAC www.bsac.com
British Sub Aqua Club
There qualification is slightly more rigirous than PADI as they assume that you will be diving in British waters which conditions.
As a club they also supply rental gear etc.
I am not a member but am considering it if I stay here much longer.

Back
Top Bottom