Choosing a manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carrielsal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am purchasing a manifold for the first time. There are numerous brands with a wide range of prices. Besides the 200 vs 300 DIN connectors, what are some of the features I should be looking? Are some brands really better than others, and if so...why?

Thanks,
Carrie

I had seen the post on 200 vs 300 bar manifolds and itwas extremely informative. That answered most of those type questions I had. I was looking to see if there was any other features I should be considering. TSandsM sent me a note on recessed burst disc and overhead environments.

"A recessed burst disc is easy to see -- the burst disc, which is on the stem of the valve, is surrounded by a metal "dam" so that the actual disc really can't come in contact with anything. "

Carrie

I wouldn't worry so much about the recessed burst disc. Most of the companies out there don't offer a recessed burst disc. None of my 4 manifolds has ever sheared off a burst disc from minor bumps. 200 bar or 300 bar doesn't matter (I have both) as long as you have DIN regs. If you have yoke regs you will need the 200 bar with inserts. Look around on the internet and you should be able to find a HOG or Sea Elite (on sale) for around $150. Thermo, Halcyon, and Dive Rite are all also good options, but likely to cost more.

Back
Top Bottom