Choosing a good regulator for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LadySilk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I mostly dive at (15 C / 59F to 22C/71F) and mediterranean sea 17C /62F to 24C/ 71F)
I am planning to buy Tusa Rs -812s. It is comperatively very cost efficient, but has no warranty. I loved diving and this summer I am going to work at a dive centre for more expreince to test if I can be a dive instructor. But I could not try well known brands high end equipments. And regulators are very tricky , should I buy something like atomic m1 or aqualung legend series (they cost double the price) or Tusa Rs-812s is enough? I need some advice. Thanks:)

The most important factor is obtaining local service that you trust. Is TUSA serviced near you? Do you trust the dive shop?
Most modern regulators perform almost equally well IF TUNED CORRECTLY at recreational depths (<~30m). Most differences are not perceptible except on a machine, if the reg is tuned correctly.

If your local shop can service TUSA, and you're happy with them, you'll be fine.

Read Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-7)

Good luck!

The RS 812 is basically based on an older Scubapro design balanced piston. You should be fine.
Depending on the year and the model of the second stage, you may need regular tuning (annual), but other than that, you'll be in good shape if your gear is well maintained.

I agree with rsingler most modern regulators all breathe well. After you decide what regulator you want, comfort is often just picking the right mouthpiece.

The RS 812 is basically based on an older Scubapro design balanced piston. You should be fine.
Depending on the year and the model of the second stage, you may need regular tuning (annual), but other than that, you'll be in good shape if your gear is well maintained.
Thank you very much:) It should be 2017 or 2018

The most important factor is obtaining local service that you trust. Is TUSA serviced near you? Do you trust the dive shop?
Most modern regulators perform almost equally well IF TUNED CORRECTLY at recreational depths (<~30m). Most differences are not perceptible except on a machine, if the reg is tuned correctly.

If your local shop can service TUSA, and you're happy with them, you'll be fine.

Read Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-7)

Good luck!
It does service , not where I live but I can get it done annually , so thanks again :)

I just looked at the Service manual for that reg. It will be easy to service if your shop can get the parts. The piston design is an older design with sharp edges. That means it is VERY sensitive to damage during service.
Before you commit to buying this used reg set, I would strongly recommend you have it tested at a local shop, and ask the technician whether he/she sees ANY indication of "Intermediate Pressure Creep". If not, and there is no corrosion, you should be fine. If there IS creep, you may need a new piston at a cost of perhaps USD $60.

I just looked at the Service manual for that reg. It will be easy to service if your shop can get the parts. The piston design is an older design with sharp edges. That means it is VERY sensitive to damage during service.
Before you commit to buying this used reg set, I would strongly recommend you have it tested at a local shop, and ask the technician whether he/she sees ANY indication of "Intermediate Pressure Creep". If not, and there is no corrosion, you should be fine. If there IS creep, you may need a new piston at a cost of perhaps USD $60.
It is not used, a brand new one, they bought it abroad a so warranty in my country does not apply. ( people usually does that because tax here is crazy like double the price )

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom