Choose the drysuit - ScubaPro? Bare? Whites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the encouragement!

The bit that really gets me is the weight range of each size fusion is 50lbs until you get to the 4xl and then the weight range is 120lbs (230 - 350) - that a LOT of spare material around the middle when I weigh in at 240lbs. It'll fit its just that I dont want that much spare inner bag!!! If they'd stuck to the 50lb range on that size as well I think I'd go for it without being able to try it on........

What to do is a puzzle!

The extra material in the Fusion isn't much of an issue. I'm on the smaller end of the scale for the L / XL suit, and it fits me great, and I don't notice the extra. The stretch material in the skin really does a great job of tucking it all back in.

I also have a Bare XCD2 Tech. Love that suit, but it's a bit big on me. Totally diveable, I don't notice the extra material underwater, just out of the water.

The quality of the workmanship with the Bare suit is much better than White's...

-B

I have always loved the Scubapro kit, it works well and is very durable. At the end of the day it does not matter what brand you decide on, the main concern is fit!!! When fitting a suite remember to take your thermal ware (use under the suite) with.

The extra material in the Fusion isn't much of an issue. I'm on the smaller end of the scale for the L / XL suit, and it fits me great, and I don't notice the extra. The stretch material in the skin really does a great job of tucking it all back in.
-B

As it should but yours is only holding in around 40lbs or so, my skin would be trying to hold in excess material to cover another 110lb's - that's a BIG difference!

BB1,

I recently just went through this as well. The debate was the same pretty much I could fit in either a 2xl/3xl or a 4xl suit. I chose to go with the 2xl/3xl and I couldn't be happier. My dimensions are roughly

height: 6 feet(182cm)
weight: 250lbs(~115kg)
chest:52inch(130)
waist:41.5(104)
thigh:28inch(71cm)
arm diam:19inch(48cm)

I think I am actually over on some of the dimensions but trying on the 2xl/3xl without a skin proved to me that I can fit into one of these suits. the problem I had in the past as well as others was with the arm holes and leg holes they were literally skin tight with no undies on, however the arem hole sizes are quite a bit larger now.

Fire me off an e-mail(would help if I included it steven.aaen@gmail.com) and I can send you a dimension sheet from white with all mine on it, when I find it. you should be able to use that to help you out.

Regards

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom