Chios???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weboflies

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
All the "top ten" pages for Mediterranean diving seem to list Chios, but I can't seem to find any information about diving there. Cant seem to find a single decent looking dive center on the PADI site, SSI site, or a general web search. Is the diving there really any good, or has some tourist bureau paid someone off to get on these lists? if anyone has any experience with the place they'd like to share, or can point the way to any good information resources, that would be fantastic!

Are there top ten lists for Mediterranean diving? Wow.:)
Anyway, I haven't heard too much about Chios diving altough I dived Corfu, Crete, Kalymnos, Rhodes in Greece, Bodrum and Alanya in Turkey. Maybe it's only locally world famous.:)

Are there top ten lists for Mediterranean diving? Wow.:)
Anyway, I haven't heard too much about Chios diving altough I dived Corfu, Crete, Kalymnos, Rhodes in Greece, Bodrum and Alanya in Turkey. Maybe it's only locally world famous.:)

Interesting. Seems like you've been around the Agean quite a bit. I'm going on a trip there this year. What was the best diving you experienced in that area?

The water isn't that warm in the northern Aegean in the early summer, so I'd prefer Kalymnos-Rhodes-Crete or Kas-Alanya in June. Later all of them is fine. For diving my favorite was Bodrum, good dive centers, good prices, some nice spots and they recently sunk wrecks like a DC3 plane- I haven't seen this yet but I plan to. I liked the town too, with a very nice museum of underwater archeology, and the peninsula itself is nice. It's easy to go from Greece to Bodrum, there are direct ferries between them. In Greece usually the dive is more expensive. But there are many things to see in both countries. I liked the antic ruins in Turkey in Ephesos, but I liked the Minoean ruins in Crete too, the climbers love the not so touristic Kalymnos where I had some nice dives, etc. I don't know what are your plans.

Back
Top Bottom