Closed: Chinese PADI Open Water Fiver Diver Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schwob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in need of explaining something (long story) and could use a printed Chinese language PADI Open Water Diver manual. It needs to be simplified Chinese, as used on Mainland China.
Used is fine if say printed this decade (2010, 2012, ...).
I am in the US and I would need to get it by weeks end (minor detail). Can paypal.
So, on the outside chance:
Does anyone have one laying around collecting dust?
If you are in China and can mail such that it arrives at a Chinese address by weeks end, PM me too.
Please send a PM.
Thanks.

Any PADI facility,instructor can get this for you, they can order direct from PADI. May need to pay overnight express charges.

Well, Ican try that but PADI's sitting on it so far and causing my search in the first place.
According to the PADI facility that is going to be used, PADI is sitting now for more than two days on getting the e-learning access to a couple in China that will take the class here in the US next week. That or some other difficulty I cannot say of course.

In the end, once they here they hopefully get their access, but the whole point of the e-learning of course was that they could get started already....

Since we'll spend evenings together, judging by the way this evolves, I am preparing for a lot of Q&A ... with language difficulty... So I gave the possibility of a lower cost used book a shot ... as a back-up or mark -up talking paper (still hoping).

Any PADI facility,instructor can get this for you, they can order direct from PADI. May need to pay overnight express charges.

Well, no fault of yours of course, but that did not work either. I tried.

Either PADI or a rather large PADI shop or noth have quite some improvement potential.

The class starts Wednesday next week. The customer was advised to complete the e-learning prior. Makes sense.

Payment in full for it was made (from a US credit card as otherwise it was complicated) for it Thursday morning... (yesterday)
For some incomprehensible reason it however shall take 72 hours until the acces codes will be made available to the customer.

Really? It takes longer than to ship a book? Really?
... and they got a lot of travelling yet to do... Wonder if they even get access prior to being on the road and in the air...

Since we laid out the money I called the shop Thursday morning upon hearing this and asked if we please, additionally (for payment of course) have a printed (in Chinese OW manual) ordered right now and shipped overnight to me (in the US).

The unbelievable but firm reply was:
There is no point in doing that, because it won't arrive prior to the class (neither to me or to the shop).

That's, well let me rephrase the unsaid flood of less printable words:
Sad!

Does anyone know:
I am wondering
(also asked the shop, but got no answer...) in case they do get the e-learning access codes prior to hitting the road, Is there anyway they then can work on it (likely Ipad) e.g. on their flights, while not having wifi access? If so, how?

Well, no fault of yours of course, but that did not work either. I tried.

Either PADI or a rather large PADI shop or noth have quite some improvement potential.

The class starts Wednesday next week. The customer was advised to complete the e-learning prior. Makes sense.

Payment in full for it was made (from a US credit card as otherwise it was complicated) for it Thursday morning... (yesterday)
For some incomprehensible reason it however shall take 72 hours until the acces codes will be made available to the customer.

Really? It takes longer than to ship a book? Really?
... and they got a lot of travelling yet to do... Wonder if they even get access prior to being on the road and in the air...

Since we laid out the money I called the shop Thursday morning upon hearing this and asked if we please, additionally (for payment of course) have a printed (in Chinese OW manual) ordered right now and shipped overnight to me (in the US).

The unbelievable but firm reply was:
There is no point in doing that, because it won't arrive prior to the class (neither to me or to the shop).

That's, well let me rephrase the unsaid flood of less printable words:
Sad!

Does anyone know:
I am wondering
(also asked the shop, but got no answer...) in case they do get the e-learning access codes prior to hitting the road, Is there anyway they then can work on it (likely Ipad) e.g. on their flights, while not having wifi access? If so, how?
Of course they can without wifi access..purchase elearning touch , works great. Last September I had a woman do touch on her phone, due to the fact she was always traveling at that time. She is a secret service agent on Trumps detail.

Of course they can without wifi access..purchase elearning touch , works great. Last September I had a woman do touch on her phone, due to the fact she was always traveling at that time. She is a secret service agent on Trumps detail.

Thanks!!! :) Sounds promising.
I just don't know... never used it...

Following up because you wrote she did it on a phone and because I could have been clearer (about no connection whatsoever during the flights not just no wifi and maybe no data connection out of wifi in the US):
So, once set up it likely will work entirely offline w/o further ado, or does it have to be coaxed into some setting or does a download button buried in some menue have to be pushed while still being connected?

Update:
The e-learning code arrived. Hopefully they get a at least a day to use it before hitting the air.
The rest is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom