Chinese limb mounted Dive Propulsion Units

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Popgun Pete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The mind boggles, I just chanced across these gadgets today.
Electric Wearable Underwater Water Scooter Scuba Diving Sea Scooter Equipment | eBay
Wearable portable Electric Underwater Scooter Dual Propeller Water Sports Equipment Diving Scuba snorkeling Water Sea Scooter
Host (Drive Unit)
Size: L232mmxW110mmxH118mm
Weight: 1.2Kg
Mode: Low speed mode; High speed mode
Motor power: 220W
Depth of work: 8m (Ultimate depth)
Battery capacity: 100Wh
Charging time: 6h
Voltage: 10.8V
Charging temperature: 4.5*C~40*C
Charging interface: Special balance interface
Receiver frequency: 433MHz
DPV 1.jpgDPV 2.jpg
Remote control
Size: L100mmxW40mmxH25mm
Weight: 65g
Transmitting frequency: 433MHz
Transmitting power: 15dBm
Battery: CR2477x1orx2
Working voltage: 2V~3.5V
DPV 3.jpg

8m depth. That’s a deep pool for this toy.

Not alot you cant buy on ebay these days...think Ill pass lol

In my view these things could be dangerous as if they conk out at the wrong time and place one could be in big trouble. This diagram struck me as hilarious if it were deemed that this was a realistic dive outfit. I am referring to the use of four units.
DPV 4.jpg

Group collaboration. Sounds a bit like synchronised diving!

I could see this as a useful aid for adaptive diving, in certain circumstances. It might also be helpful in adaptive surface snorkeling.

1655388050502.png

Really? -no, not real. Bad photoshop job. but strap a thruster on the back of your kid, controlled wireless, and give the remote to someone else. These people are not that smart.

Looks a bit like a school project, got a touch of funding (from a rich parent?), made something and now need to sell them.

I have no idea what the Aussie dollar is converting to these days. But that is an expensive pool toy. And I see no useful specs posted.

It seems they are a grand each, so 2 grand for a pair! Strapping weights to yourself seems a bad idea as how to jettison this stuff when things go bad? Reminds me of the Diveman unit from years ago, looked good in photos, but was a deathtrap.
diveman 001.jpg

It seems they are a grand each, so 2 grand for a pair! Strapping weights to yourself seems a bad idea as how to jettison this stuff when things go bad? Reminds me of the Diveman unit from years ago, looked good in photos, but was a deathtrap.
View attachment 728824
WTF is that thing?

Back
Top Bottom