Chinese generic regulators - fit-for-purpose or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

China does make all sorts of cheap crap. I handle imports on the job. Cheap crap generally does not come from Europe. I’ll stick with my Apeks regs. I know they work.

The Chinese make cheap crap because that is what American stores want. Go to Europe or Asia and pick up something made in China, it is much better quality than in the US. Lenovo and Oppo are considered quality brands. Again, where is your TV and computer made?

Europe makes a lot of crap but it is not cheap. For example how many English, French, or Italian cars do you see on the road?

This is a very racist remark.

Come on, this is a cheap shot to end the discussion by attacking a person and calling them racist without any justification.

The Chinese make cheap crap because that is what American stores want. Go to Europe or Asia and pick up something made in China, it is much better quality than in the US. Lenovo and Oppo are considered quality brands. Again, where is your TV and computer made?

Europe makes a lot of crap but it is not cheap. For example how many English, French, or Italian cars do you see on the road?
My iPhone works great.

it is a process though to climb the ladder of quality and takes time for perceptions to change, just look at hyundai and kia. i suspect things will change a lot by 2030.

Come on, this is a cheap shot to end the discussion by attacking a person and calling them racist without any justification.

I didn't call the person racist, I said the remark was. Also I am not trying to end the discussion, The Chinese build what their customers want. You want cheap, you got it. You want quality, they can build that too.

it is a process though to climb the ladder of quality and takes time for perceptions to change, just look at hyundai and kia. i suspect things will change a lot by 2030.

I don't know how old you are, but in the early 70s if you drove a Japanese car people laughed at you. By the end of the 70s no one was laughing anymore and Japanese cars were highly sought after. Lee Iaccoca once lamented that people rated Plymouth and Dodge inferior in quality to Mitsubishi when they were made on the same assembly line by the same workers, using the same parts.

I didn't call the person racist, I said the remark was. Also I am not trying to end the discussion, The Chinese build what their customers want. You want cheap, you got it. You want quality, they can build that too.

Chinese make lowest quality stuff, Japanese make top quality stuff.

Now, is the above racist or what?

BTW, to guarantee that the Chinese make quality product that you want, you need to have an office right next to their factory with enough manpower to monitor the manufacturing process with a microscope to assure quality. If you let your guard down, you are screwed. On the other hand, in Japan, quality is almost a religion and you don't have to watch your back with the Japanese.

Compare Japanese cars to Chinese car (Chinese brands), you will know that China makes very low end quality products, they excel in this specific type.

The Chinese manufacturers are known for “quality fade” they’re first runs are often decent enough to secure the contract then they are known for cutting corners to save money often with they’re products all ready in the supply chain. This leaves retailers and distributors with orders and commitments in a position where it’s often to late to find other vendors. Then the Chinese blame the consumers for being “to cheap” to allow them to build quality products. The fact is the Chinese don’t care they are shielded by a corrupt state with little connection to the finished product.

I don't know how old you are, but in the early 70s if you drove a Japanese car people laughed at you. By the end of the 70s no one was laughing anymore and Japanese cars were highly sought after. Lee Iaccoca once lamented that people rated Plymouth and Dodge inferior in quality to Mitsubishi when they were made on the same assembly line by the same workers, using the same parts.
The Japanese have a totally different work ethic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom