Chinchorro Crocodiles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swimming with those guys is a serious adrenaline trip. Awesome beasties. The diving at Chinchorro is fantastic too, near pristine reefs and super friendly nurse sharks.

I didn't see it mentioned in his article, but I assume his trip was with XTC in Xcalak. Not sure there are any other reputable tour operators.

Richard, here's a couple of related videos. Diving with XTC in Xcalak should be on your list if you like diving in Mexico. I'm headed back to Cozumel in November for a week, then 10 days in Xcalak.

Banco Chinchorro

Amigos del Mar (Amigos del Mar Mahahual | Mahahual Diving) also has a permit to dive Chinchorro. I have been diving Chinchorro with both operators. Heiko Goetze, owner of ADM, has beaucoups of knowledge of the Chinchorro reefs. He took us to 2 walls that were fantastic. It's also a somewhat shorter boat ride from Mahahual, which does have AC!

Amigos del Mar (Amigos del Mar Mahahual | Mahahual Diving) also has a permit to dive Chinchorro. I have been diving Chinchorro with both operators. Heiko Goetze, owner of ADM, has beaucoups of knowledge of the Chinchorro reefs. He took us to 2 walls that were fantastic. It's also a somewhat shorter boat ride from Mahahual, which does have AC!
Heiko is a cool guy, I would definitely go with him if you're in Mahahual.

When I was referring to reputable tour operators, I was just talking about croc trips.

Heiko is a cool guy, I would definitely go with him if you're in Mahahual.

When I was referring to reputable tour operators, I was just talking about croc trips.

Heiko would probably drop you off if you want to snorkel with the crocs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom