Chicken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
In a serious discussion about chicken, well as can be, I think that the Alberson's grocery chain makes good tasting mass cooked chicken. I have yet to really BBQ a bird, I rather cook a chunk of cow. I have crock potted a bird, makes deboning easy. Which brings me to this, what are the ways to cook a chicken over flame? Then are there some recipes for chicken?

F_K,

Here's my wife's recipe-it's really fantastic.

Cut up the chicken into the different parts and arrange them in a large pan. Pour Italian dressing over the chicken (Wishbone works well) enough to soak all of the pieces. Splash Teriyaki and Soy Sauce on each piece. Garlic powder next-we like a lot in our house, then some black pepper (careful!) and then Lawry's seasoning. Let sit for at least 1/2 hour to marinate.

Get your grill hot and then place the parts bone side down at medium heat for about 20 minutes. Squirt water on any flames with a baster. Turn for 5 minutes or so to brown the "top side". Flip back over and cook for the balance of 15-20 minutes (some folks like the chicken dehydrated, but I like it moist). The last 10 minutes are where you baste with your barbeque sauce. Slap it on heavy!

BTW, it's very good w/o the sauce!

We use a BBQ sauce from William Sonoma called Special Selection. It's excellent. But if you've got one you like, use that one.

Enjoy!

O2 clean the chicken before exposing it to open flames!

I use Argon. It keeps the chicken warmer longer!!

DD, if you do that the chicken will smell like rotten eggs according to Scubababy! Maybe this is where the rotten eggs smell came from after all, the O2 cleaned chicken with argon insulation!

Later, Hawk.

PS. Fishkiller, have you got a Costco nearby? If so watch how they flame cook the chickens and maybe you'll get an idea. They have some really good chicken!

Oh THAT"S what that smell was! I just blamed it on the dog!!....

I D,
Considering some recent threads,you're a very brave man to say "02 clean" and 'flame" in the same post!!
way to go!!,
Miked

Got a good deal on some Leopard print asbestos long handled-underwear, so taking the "Heat" is not a problem

Check out www.tastychickenrecipes.com
I have lots of favorites.
I like Thai food. If you use the chicken breasts and cube them you can do many things. Put them in a wok, or frying pan. Place a few tablespoons of peanut oil in the pan and stir fry on high.
Remove them, stir in whatever veggies you like ( Pea pods, baby corns) and then add Thai rice noodles.
Make peanut sauce on the side. You can buy a packet from 'Taste of Thai'. Just add coconut milk to the packet. Put the chicken back in. Add the sauce along with soy sauce to taste. Make Jasmine rice on the side, and have some plum wine. Ooo tastes so good.
:sunny:

Now I talked with an expert in SCUBA O2 cleaning today and found that the solution of Tide and rocks works well, but also simple green and beads. Now if i get Detroit Diver, the marrinade is Italian which should be the same as the tide or is the Simple green like the teriyaki, would that qualify? and the garlic is definiatly the beads.

but that would only be good up to a gas flame not up to the charcoal level That I believe would more of an quick dry than the other method.
All chicken come O2 cleaned from the factory, it is what you first do with them when you get them.

then why is it that some chicken are only cut and not deboned? I would think that you would want deboned chicken to start with?

read so why is the air for my 21% any different than my 32%?or ah 22%? for that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom