chicago June dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalRich

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings Divers,
I am looking to dive June 8th. Friday.
Can someone recommend a dive shop or dive boats?
I will be renting gear.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Good Divin
SoCalRich

I guess it depends where abouts in Chicago you will be. There is the operation above, there is the LenDer in Milwaukee. I know there are a few in the Actual Chicago area. So, I guess it depends. Where will you be staying?

windy city is a great op but I think you have to connect with a dive shop to rent your gear. plus you might have a hard time finding someone who is going out on a Friday.

If you are willing to dive a Quarry, Haigh is a great option. its located in Kankakee (about 60) miles south of Chicago. You can rent gear on the spot. I would gladly meet up with you to dive if you want. There is a group that meets weekdays so with enough notice, the group may switch days.

you can also look at Dive Right In Scuba. They have a boat and you can get your gear from them too. Weekdays still might be tough. www.diverightinscuba.com Great guys there.

if you have 4 divers- you may be able to get Windy City to set a charter for you. The 2 dive ops close to Chicago are Windy City (my personal favorite) and Dive Right In. You may be able to get Capt. Jim of WCD to book a charter forthat Friday. If you need divers I have 3 available for Fridays.

Also, if you choose to dive Haigh Quarry- about 60 miles south of Chicago- you are welcome to join us. We will either be on the Lake or at the Quarry. We dive every Friday at Haigh during the summer.

However, I think it is such a waste for divers to come to Chicago and not do some wreck diving. Yes it's cold- but we have some wrecks that are gorgeous.

WCD moors near the museum campus- Burnham Harbor (downtown) his boat is well equipped. The Captain KNOWS the lake very well, boat is comfortable, just an overall professional, but personable, dive op.

Look forward to diving with you- we will be diving June 8- in the lake or at Haigh.

Wow! Thank you to all who offered advice. looks like I will be diving on Sat. 6-9. with "Windy City"
My next question is: which wreck to dive. Older the better. A wooden scooner is what I have been reviewing on teh web.
Looking for some dive buddies. Come and join me!
I'm Padi rescue cert. w/ 130+ dives 50 dives in 50* to 58" water.

Thanks again for the help.

I would love to dive LM... Week days week ends with some notice I can make it work... As for gear there a a bunch of great shops depending on where your at. Dive right in in Plainefield, undersea scuba in Lombard, sea level diving in crystal lake to name a few. It is important to make sure the wet suit is good fit to dive cold water.

Back
Top Bottom