Chest Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had just recently had my drysuit resized alittle smaller.. and my chest valve now leaks. Its as tight as it can go.. the water is leaking in when I put air in my suit.. that is when I feel the 48f water anyway... any idea how I can stop the leak???

There is usually an O-ring in the stem of the valve that you can get to via a C-clip. Have this replaced by a dive shop. It should only take a minute or to. Do the O-ring first since it cured my problem with an old O'niell Dry Suit last year and is least invasive.

To rule out a bad gasket seal you can use some aquarium silicon sealer from home depot 100% silicone. Group correct me if I'm wrong. I don't want this guy to harm his suit.

Please get a second opinion on the sealer though.

Chris

Aquarium silicone sealer is the best way to go. I have used it before and it stays flexible and should still peel off the rubber gasket/flange if that is not the problem (it did mine, but that's not an iron clad guarentee it will on yours).

Ok.. I am not a guy :) heehee......<no worries> and the suit isn't even a year old yet.. would the o ring go that fast????

Inflator valve is what I ment for the title not chest valve :p kinda had a brain fart when I typed the thread..

You may feel the cold from when you are inflating but that does not definitely mean that this is when it leaks. Water may be coming in around the valve and then when you inflate, you feel the cold of the gas coming in (especially if it is Helium).

I used silicone though it says that it is not needed by my valve manufacturer. That stopped the same problem I was having.

The O-ring is so easy to replace might as well replace it as a step in trouble shooting. Now that you mention you're not a guy, I'll replace it for you then again that C-clip is a bit tricky.

ok.. I know I am getting a leak cause when I finish the dive.. there I have a nice water blotch on my chest.. and the only time I gfelt the water was when I put air in my suit.. should I have the dive shop replace the o-ring??? or ask a fellow diver????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom