Checking in for the first time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board. It's a great source for diving information and interaction.

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

welcome aboard

Thank you and no, last name isn't "Trout". :wink:

I'll give you a little bit of history...

My father was a competitive swimmer thru school & college (Penn State) and went on to instructing swim teams and coaching a the local YMCA. He also put time in as a lifeguard at Lake Erie for a number of years while in school. After college he got involved in SCUBA and ended up getting a NASDS (#53 I believe) lifetime instructor's license (now SSI). He taught coarses at B&B Marine and also coarses on Search & Recovery to the local Police & Fire Departments in the area.

With my father being so involved with the water, I had little to no choice than to get involved myself at an early age. I've been diving for over 17 years now and truely feel more comfortable in the water than I do out. I'll also say that it's nice to see the diving community and industry grow over the years that I've been involved in it, not to mention the years that my father has put in. I still have all his original equipment and still dive with it every now and then, he swears by that stuff... but equipment has certainly come a long ways since the 60's. Although, there's certainly something to be said about suiting up and putting on your horse shoe bc, back pack with steel 72's and J valves, then slipping on a pair of ScubaPro Jet fins and grapping ahold of your brass second stage and going for a dip.

kilgore
s/f
out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom