Checking in at Ginnie for the next day....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Altering the Deal.jpg

So apparently from the manager lady, longish black hair and tanned, even with an annual pass they will no longer will allow you to leave with a pass for the next day. They will keep it on the board that you have to pick up in the morning. So make sure you get there before they open.

I dont think I've ever checked in there the same way 2x in a row. Consistency is not their forte.
You gotta wonder if they purposefully try to confuse or if they just can't remember how to do it from day to day.

You gotta wonder if they purposefully try to confuse or if they just can't remember how to do it from day to day.
More and more I'm getting the feeling from Ginnie that they don't really want divers there. Since the new management, it's become harder and harder to get good customer service, and the "interpretation" of their rules changes from employee to employee. Obviously there's a shortage of good workers right now, but Ginnie is desparately understaffed and they seem to be unable to properly train their staff. When you can and cant get in with an annual pass seems to change from day to day. The dive shop hasn't been open anytime I've gone there recently, meaning you need to check in at the main desk. Even with an annual pass, you're often stuck in line with the tubers and campers.
They're making money on tubers and campers, but divers just don't bring in the money so just like we're seeing in Mexico we are not a priority and it feels like we're more of a headache.
I'm amazed that people are dying regularly at Ginnie (there's been a couple of drowings already this summer), there's drug related crime, fights, and stabbings. But cave divers pose the threat of a diving death, and that seems to bother them most.
I've had an annual pass for 12 years. I now refuse to get one. It means no more easy rolling up and not haivng to fill out paperwork for me, so I just avoid Ginnie now (at least until summer slows down). Which sucks cause it's my favorite cave. I just can't bring myself to give them as much money as they want for a pass.
I predict two more cave diver deaths and they'll shut it down to divers. Or regardless, it'll be closed to divers within 10 years.

I predict two more cave diver deaths and they'll shut it down to divers. Or regardless, it'll be closed to divers within 10 years.

Just need someone to open up a pontoon boat rental place in high spring then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom