Cheater hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of depths are we talking about where a Schrader valve is inadequate for SCR? I know that the old Scuba Buddy that was downstream of the BCD connection was dismissed as completely inadequate as an emergency octo for OC. But sitting on the MAV means flow coming into the CLs during both inhalation and expiration. So...?

What kind of depths are we talking about where a Schrader valve is inadequate for SCR? I know that the old Scuba Buddy that was downstream of the BCD connection was dismissed as completely inadequate as an emergency octo for OC. But sitting on the MAV means flow coming into the CLs during both inhalation and expiration. So...?

I've done it at 4ata's with no real issue on my meg, but I was calm while it was happening. The real issue is if you have a BOV and that's when it becomes critical to avoid them.

Not depth dependent - I would say any stressed time?
Same reason the integrated power inflator / octo combo things need a special high flow nipple.

I don't know any CCR using a BC nipple on a dil MAV though? The JJ doesn't normally have that at least

I don't know any CCR using a BC nipple on a dil MAV though? The JJ doesn't normally have that at least
Sure looks like one to me. But I haven't taken delivery of my new toy yet...
Screenshot_20200617-102248_Firefox.jpg

Sure looks like one to me. But I haven't taken delivery of my new toy yet...
View attachment 592471
Oh gotcha sorry.
I was thinking of the ADV connection I guess, which I thought was a screw on LP hose.

You can reach back and actuate the ADV manually too (which is what I had in my head). So I'm not seeing a "breathe through the MAV" need here. But I don't have a JJ or BMCLs either.

I use the Piranha adapter on my BC inflator to get the correct hose length on my RB.

It might just be mine but it's tough to disengage compared to a normal BC connection, just a thought for anyone in the market.

Hi all- thanks for your helpful suggestions. I'm putting together my cheater hose, and thinking it would be best kept clipped off inside a drysuit pocket. I'm just wondering about plugging it in to a bailout wet. Does it matter if the hose is full of salt water when i plug it in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom