Cheap Watch for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New Reef Gear flooded on second dive at only 25ft. My iron man has been on many dives in the 70-80 ft range with no problems but the battery is dying which is why I was looking (and still am) for a new watch.

dkerr:
New Reef Gear flooded on second dive at only 25ft. My iron man has been on many dives in the 70-80 ft range with no problems but the battery is dying which is why I was looking (and still am) for a new watch.
Ditto the Ironman, mine has worked just fine (60ft. max). I've used one for so long that I can operate it with my eyes shut so I'll probably continue to buy them (new one every 3 years or so).

I bought my 200m rated G-shock at Wal-mart for $29.99. IT was the cheapest G-shock in stock. I chose it because it has nice big buttons that stick out from the body of the watch so I can easily press them with dry gloves on. When I found out it was only $30 it was a no brainer.....

dkerr:

doh!! guess my new reef gear won't be getting wet then!! ah well was only $20

Casio G-Shock! Did over 200' two weeks ago with no problems. Cheap and reliable.

Thanks for everyone's input. I gave up on the Timex and purchased a Casio analog watch on eBay, screw down crown and case back, 200m rating, rotating bezel. This is apparently a new series of watches from Casio, Duro200. I also bought another 200m Casio analog model for my son with screw down crown and case. He's had it in a swimming pool only but at least it didn't leak then. I don't really like digital watches, that's why I got an analog.

KrisB:
ROFL: "Mechanical watches fully not sensitive to nuclear or other radiations."

So, just in case you're near a nuclear blast... your watch will help you count the seconds until you die. :)

Actually it was related to the reactors on their boats...poor shielding played havoc with battery driven watches and the human body :-(

Paul in VT

I use a Timex Helix DM. Some Walmarts still have them for about $20. Had mine to 85 fsw in Coz with no problem.

Ditto the Walmart watch. I used one that I bought for under $10 for a couple years. I figured that if it died after a summer of diving I got my moneys worth, but it just a keeps on tickin.'

Back
Top Bottom