cheap halcyon gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread is SO far off track it's ridiculous. Take it to PM guys - nothing of what you're discussing relates to the original question of where to source cheap Halcyon gear.

SeaJay and -hh, I'd split your posts out into a seperate thread, but it's beyond repair.

Anyone wanting to repond further to 2scuba's enquiry, please PM 2scuba directly so that they might actually see the information.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
This thread is SO far off track it's ridiculous. Take it to PM guys -

As you request.

In closing, I'll provide the following, which is a time/depth trace of what I consider to be an illustration of good bouyancy control on a safety stop: http://tinyurl.com/mv92

It is human nature to be overly optimistic in our estimates of our skill levels...and it doesn't matter if we're talking about diving or driving an automobile. A datalogger such as this is a good tool to confront our belief of how good we think we are with cold, hard data that's impossible to refute, no matter how humbling it may be to our ego.

If someone believes that a specific BC or training class has such a huge benefit in their bouyancy and trim, this tool is a way to test that claim and prove/disprove it with objective quantitative data.

I hope this helps illustrate my point that good skills transcend equipment: there are no cheap shortcuts on the journey to excellence.

-hh

ppilot once bubbled...
So bored...but can't stop reading...why do I abuse myself like this?

LOL- This thread is like a soap opera (The Dives of our Lives?). I read it over dinner every night :D

If you guys stop posting, how will I find out if 2" webbing really causes DCS :rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to go back to reading the "Just Dove my Oxycheq Wings" thread for entertainment.

Sigh....Thanks for the memories :D

SeaJay. I hope I never get into an argument with you! You are the most patient and tenacious person I've seen on here (I mean that in a good way). I sure hope that hh was just goading you for an argument because that was unbelievable! I only wish you could've said this sooner:

SeaJay once bubbled...

You obviously have no interest in debating a topic... You simply want to hear yourself argue. Your mind is closed, you have already formed your opinions (based on hearsay) and even common sense hasn't broken through your faulty logic. If you want to dive plastic components and justify it with some sort of drivel about how there's a huge difference between tech and rec, then feel free.

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom