Cheap... eBay drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I contacted him a week or so ago and asked him if he had anything for sale and he put up 4 different garments for me to choose from in my size. He has many other sizes, just contact him through eBay.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I would go with an authorized dealer in case there is anything wrong with them you get the warrenty

I would go with an authorized dealer in case there is anything wrong with them you get the warrenty

The implication in your statement is that he does not take care of problems- that is not true.

If you read through this thread you'll see that he takes care of his customers. Of course if you want to pay many times as much for a name brand from an "authorized" dealer go right ahead. :D

Reactions: D_B
I would go with an authorized dealer in case there is anything wrong with them you get the warranty

I realize that you are merely trying to be helpful and watch out for your fellow members. After all, we are a community and that is what we should do. Indeed, read the thread.

Also from my personal experience, he more than stands behind his undergarment. If you would like an example I would be more than happy to supply it by PM. I don't think it is germane to the discussion so I have not posted it (at least that I recall since this is an old thread. LOL ). HTH.

I don't think you could ask for, or find, a more helpful, customer oriented, supportive dealer , than Ron is

Sorry to gravedig this thread, but I thought it better than starting another... I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Ron's undergarments, but I have never dived dry before, and need some advice on undergarments...
I am leaning toward 100g thinsulate (under a trilam), but I'm worried about being too warm. I will be diving 65-70F water, and previously have worn 7mm wetsuit with hood with no chill... should I look at fleece instead?
If I get something not quite warm enough I can add a layer; if it's too warm it becomes a useless purchase.

If I get too warm in a wetsuit I can just flush water into the suit...not so much in a drysuit. :)

Advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dave.

You should have started a new thread rather than resurrecting on this old. Look at the fourth element Xerotherm. Its all you will need for 65-70 degree waters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You should have started a new thread rather than resurrecting on this old. Look at the fourth element Xerotherm. Its all you will need for 65-70 degree waters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tom why should he start a new thread? The garments that rondel sells are of good quality, his customer service and Warranty are excellent. I like the fact that we don't have to be snobs about what we buy to get quality. Just because you might spend hundreds of dollars for your garment doesn't mean we have to.

Dave for the money you will spend, or lack of it, I would give him a try. Contact him, he may have lighter garments available.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That was my thinking...less than half the price of xerotherms or equivalent.
I did email Ron, he recommended 100g Thinsulate, but I am slightly concerned about being too warm in 70F water...

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom