Cheap Dive computer (wrist type)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

imadoofus

New
Reaction score
Hi all

New addiction that I am struggling to fuel! Need a cheap wrist type DC for a dive trip I am going on.Looking for something in the 50$ range. is there anything like that out there?! I am sure someone in here wants to upgrade from their oceanic Veo! :)

Let me know if you get any offers. I had no idea you could get a DC that cheap -- I'm using a wristwatch and a gauge.

The oceanic veo 100s brand new are being listed at 145 on online stores. So I figured something like this should be around. I know Ive seen a bunch of prices below 100 on craigslist etc when I was casually looking earlier.

hi friend ... all kidding aside, i would very seriously consider simply using a watch as your timer and an spg for your gas. first of all, you will most likely use them for the rest of your dive life as a backup to whatever computer you eventually do purchase. second, it will shape your use of tables (or electronic rdp) which you will also possible make use of in future dive plans. 3rd, i falls well within your price range.

a second choice and still quite a good one, is picking up a citizen dive watch which also give depth, temperatures (less important), and logs dives. you can get into a used one for around $125 most likely.

i think you may be looking for an unreasonable deal for $50 otherwise.

where are you located btw

also, where are you vacationing?

do you own the rest of your gear? honestly, a computer is not my first choice in 1st purchases. why would you want to use the gear at the place you will be? (dont get me wrong, i prefer my own gear as well, but if $ is holding you back, renting is fine). on top of that, if i needed to buy my own gear, i would certainly want regs first as they are actually in my mouth. there are many terrific deals on regs currently both used and new.... that being said, if you already have the rest of your gear, id seriously consider an spg and watch as a bottom timer.

not to insult your intellect but in case any of that was over your head, feel free to throw more questions out....
for example, spg stand for submersible pressure gauge

hope this was the least bit helpful

I have a Cochran Commander Nitrox computer for sale. Perfect working order. Uses two user replaceable N batteries. Can be bought at Home Depot, CVS or Walgreens. Computer is great shape and incluces owner's manual.

Sent you a PM. Make an offer.

Attachments

• SANY1670.jpg
    SANY1670.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 92
hey doofus,
lakeland's offer is for a useful piece of equipment. chances of you growing out of that anytime soon are pretty slim. that user replaceable battery is super helpful. the fact that it comes with the manual is another positive. i dont know what lakeland is looking to get for it but you already know my opinion about the pricing for what you mentioned already. if he's giving that to you for less than $75 and guarantees its working properly, its a great deal. i feel the need to remind you though, this computer is NOT going to tell you about the amount of gas in your tanks (air integrated). you will still need the spg mentioned earlier anyway. that being said, this computer becomes your bottom timer for various nitrox mixes (not just air). therefor you eliminate the dive watch i mentioned earlier.
dive safe

If he's looking for $50 computer's I'm pretty sure he's not expecting air integrated :)

Hopefully he was able to get the Cochran. If you have time to look around of course you can get a $50 computer.

There's always a new/old stock Timex Helio DM on ebay for around $50. It's not a computer but does log dives and provides time and depth (and temp).

Which model?

You can have this one if you can get it to stay on your wrist.....

oldcomputer.jpg

Back
Top Bottom