Cheap Certification options in DFW area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PolsVoice

Reaction score
A friend of mine really wants to dive, but has serious funding problems. I'm curious if anyone has any idea as to what the cheapest way to an OW certification is? Yeah, I know... cheap and scuba are mutually exclusive.

TIA,

Chris

PolsVoice:
A friend of mine really wants to dive, but has serious funding problems. I'm curious if anyone has any idea as to what the cheapest way to an OW certification is? Yeah, I know... cheap and scuba are mutually exclusive.

TIA,

Chris

You could become a scuba instructor and certify him for free. Now that might cost you some money but hey what are friends for? Just kidding..... What was he thinking about paying? $100....$200....or just $20?

Check your pm's.

PolsVoice:

TIA,

Chris

If he is having serious funding problems just to get to the training, how can he possibly afford to dive?

I wonder what a counterfeit C-card would cost!

I agree with awap. Scuba is an expensive sport.

I would guess that most of the D/FW dive shops would be priced close to the same for an OW class, but he/she could always call the area shops and ask for prices.

Also, I would question a REALLY low $$ OW class...after all, you don't want to skimp on something this important.

You get what you pay for they say..........

If your buddy wants to get some great training and meet some neat folks and do it at a fair price have him go by Surface Interval Scuba in Arlington,,,ask for Debra or Heather. They are a full service dive shop and he could get some great training and eqpt.,,,,,, and NO I don't work there, although I think I paid their light bill for a few months-lol. I checked several shop in the area and SIS is a good one.

Debraw:
You could become a scuba instructor and certify him for free. Now that might cost you some money but hey what are friends for?

Well, I'd need to take rescue and a scuba instructor course... already got my advanced and nitrox (not that those were on NAUI's requirements)

Hrmmm....

PolsVoice:
Well, I'd need to take rescue and a scuba instructor course... already got my advanced and nitrox (not that those were on NAUI's requirements)

Hrmmm....

Well it's a thought. I have seen many people go through instructor for the same reasons. Then all of a sudden it turns into a career or worse ....you buy a dive shop!!!!! Friends should not let friends buy dive shops.

Debraw:
Friends should not let friends buy dive shops.

NOW you tell me....LOL :wink:

Back
Top Bottom