Cheap and best night dive light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first two have served me well over many years, getting my vote as cheap and good. Using AA and AAA rechargeable batteries, plenty bright enough for any night dive but not blindingly bright. Also used as topside flashlight.

Fantasea Nano. $10.95 Backup light but not bad for primary light on tropical night dive. For a couple bucks more the nano spotter version adds removable diffuser cone making a non intrusive tank marker light to track buddy or guide.

Tektite Trek 30. $14.95. My primary light for tropical night dives.

Tektite Trek Pro. $29.95. Latest purchase, noticeably brighter than the Trek 30. Good for looking around wrecks, low vis lake dives, etc.

Thx.... maybe I'll buy one of these and that tektite trek pro!
BlueFire 1100 Lumen CREE XM-L2 Professional Diving Flashlight, Bright Submarine Light Scuba Safety Lights Waterproof Underwater Torch for Outdoor Under Water Sports (Yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FVHU826/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_k3ajDb9YGTREW

No. I have used a couple Suprigs for supplemental lighting for GoPro and they’re only OK for that. Failed a few times or gets stuck on “flash”. Barely adequate for your purposes in clear water. Your jury rig idea not OK for primary light. Not, never for primary dive light. No.

Not a good item to go cheapo on. If it fails you’ll be pretty impaired in your diving. Good suggestions here. Underwater kinetics and Princeton Tech made good lights I still use a decade later. LED makes big difference in battery life. I like the DGX too.

Having a powerful beam is often overkill but sometimes it’s real nice too. Some can switch to lower setting.

Always bring a back-up light.

BigBlue has good rep. Not cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom