Cheap air & nitrox fills in Ft Lauderdale area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFL_diver

Registered
Reaction score
I usually get my fills done at Fill Express for Nitrox. To get my 130s filled with about 100 cu in, it's about $8. But I found that Divers Direct near Griffin Road is doing air fills for $2 (any tank size). I might do that for shallow beach dives, since you don't need nitrox.

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper for either air or nitrox? I'm also looking for a place open late at night, and open 7 days per week?

I will say that one thing I like about Fill Express is that the nitrox is already premixed, and the staff is really cool. I just wish they were open later, and open on Sunday too.

I can live wth the 6pm closing, but when they went to the Sunday closed thing, that still drives me nuts. We get into some strange discussions about that.

SFL_diver:
I usually get my fills done at Fill Express for Nitrox. To get my 130s filled with about 100 cu in, it's about $8. But I found that Divers Direct near Griffin Road is doing air fills for $2 (any tank size). I might do that for shallow beach dives, since you don't need nitrox.

You want airfills for under $2?? :confused:
Let's be realistic.......

Tom Winters:
I can live wth the 6pm closing, but when they went to the Sunday closed thing, that still drives me nuts. We get into some strange discussions about that.

You're right Tom...having them not go back to opening on Sundays after the winter season of 04 (they used to close on Sundays during the winter season as a matter of custom), was a big shock; but I've managed, and so have others. Let's be reasonable; everyone deserves at least 1 day off in the week.

SFL_diver:

Anyone know of anywhere cheaper for either air or nitrox? I'm also looking for a place open late at night, and open 7 days per week?

I will say that one thing I like about Fill Express is that the nitrox is already premixed, and the staff is really cool. I just wish they were open later, and open on Sunday too.

I've taken my X8 130 with about 19 cu ft left twice now, and have had it topped off for under $9.00. For me, the savings a $2.00 air fill (sh** I wonder if I would get my standard 1/2 off air fills for being a Direct Rewards member) at Divers Direct will give me are not worth the $$ I'd spend in gas to get there. Besides, I would pick nitrox over air anytime.

Scubaguy62:
You're right Tom...having them not go back to opening on Sundays after the winter season of 04 (they used to close on Sundays during the winter season as a matter of custom), was a big shock; but I've managed, and so have others. Let's be reasonable; everyone deserves at least 1 day off in the week.
Mark does have employees, they can rotate days off - who says they need to work 7 days a week? It makes me mental they are not open on sundays, since this is my main diving day, and I drive right by them on my way home from the boat. No sundays means I have to make an extra trip to Pompano before work.

We need some sort of way to get him open again. Email harassment, sit-in, picket line, something. Any ideas? :crafty:

deepstops:
You want airfills for under $2?? :confused:
Let's be realistic.......

I realized I mentioned air fills, but I was more talking about Nitrox fills. Is there a place that does Nitrox fills for around $4, or in that price range?

$2 or $4...air or nitrox....who cares. We have QUARRIES and LAKES that get $10 for air fills and more for Nitrox!

I think I'm in heaven when I go to Portage in Ohio where a fill is ONLY $6!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom