Charters other than Portsmouth Scuba? (None??)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M DeM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks-

I'm going to Isle of Shoals on the 26th of August, but i'd like to make a weekend of it, and also dive on the 25th. However, Portsmouth Scuba is filled up for the day.

I'm looking for anywhere in the area, but this is what I've come up with anywhere in NE. Basically I went down the list of NE charters from the Wreckhunter site

• Aquatic Escapes - seems mostly to do tropical trips rather than local
  • Newport Diving Center - webpage defunct
  • Giant Stride Dive Shop - webpage defunct
  • East Coast Divers - webpage won't load
  • New England Divers - looks like it's only classes
  • Aqua City says look at their facebook page, but there's nothing on it
  • Bubbles Dive Shop has nothing on their calendar
  • Seaview Scuba - nothing on their calendar, and it looks like they don't do much aside of classes
  • Kalipso Dive shop - nothing local but classes
  • Dive On It - nope, none scheduled any time soon.
  • Diver's Cove - destination trips only
  • Wahoo Divers - defunct?
  • Atlantis Dive Charters - their only schedule is from 2007, so not sure what's going on there
  • Newport Diving Center - website dead
  • Northeast Scuba - nothing until September

I seem to remember another NH one... something something adventures? or something explorations? excursions?

Last edited:
something is up with your browser then. I just checked out ECD and Giant Stride, both are good to go. What kind of diving are you looking for? Boats fill up weeks in advance during this part of the season so you'll want to get on it soon. Are you handcuffed to the Isle or are you interested in the greater NE area?

something is up with your browser then. I just checked out ECD and Giant Stride, both are good to go. What kind of diving are you looking for? Boats fill up weeks in advance during this part of the season so you'll want to get on it soon. Are you handcuffed to the Isle or are you interested in the greater NE area?
DAMN THIS BROWSER.... Nope, not tied to Portsmouth. I'd love to do a non-wreck dive (and *definitely* would love another seal dive.) .

I FOUND SOMETHING! Down under charters... that's what I was thinking of!

If you're open to going down to Gloucester you've got Cape Ann Diver II, Cape Ann Charters (daybreaker), Charterboat 1, and Down under like you already saw. ECD also books a lot of charters easily through their website. Seal dives book quick so you may not be able to get on another one but you never know. There's also the Keep'ah out of Boston Scuba if you're willing to go all the way into the city.

If you're open to going down to Gloucester you've got Cape Ann Diver II, Cape Ann Charters (daybreaker), Charterboat 1, and Down under like you already saw. ECD also books a lot of charters easily through their website. Seal dives book quick so you may not be able to get on another one but you never know. There's also the Keep'ah out of Boston Scuba if you're willing to go all the way into the city.
I thought Cape Ann Charters was closed forever? Is that just the dive portion and they still run the boats?

EDIT: I found the Cape Ann boats. Thanks!

Last edited:
I thought Cape Ann Charters was closed forever? Is that just the dive portion and they still run the boats?

EDIT: I found the Cape Ann boats. Thanks!

The scuba shop did close. The big boat was bought and is now run by a different Captain with his own website for charters. I never heard what happened to the small boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom