Charleston SC Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How is it? and who have you been out with? I found one site and it seemed kinda pricey. $80-115 for a 2 dive trip, plus $10/tank, plus $10 for weights. But then, this may be normal for the Carolinas. Just inquiring:huh:

Off shore it is great but you gotta go about 18 miles avg. from Chas- Sav. to get to clear water 30-50' vis. There are some spots closer with small reef patches or arti. reefs. As far as the price that is the going rate b/c the trip is so far out and that there are so few shops. I mostly dive in the rivers in Beaufort or go nearshore to spearfish and offshore to spear when fishing.

Oops just read your post again and know exactly which shop your talking about. I've never heard of anyone charging weights or tanks while going on a charter!!!What are they thinking! They said it was standard policy that all shops charge that way. Well not the ones I've been with. I turned and walked out.

SS. Who do you use to dive the rivers? And are you looking for fossils/teeth when you you dive the rivers? How far is this from Charleston? May be in the Charleston area in June for a few days.

I told the operator I would not be using them when they told me $20 for the 2 tanks and then $10 more for the weights. I do see some shops in Key Largo that do this also but usually only about $12-15 for tanks and weights for both dives. I have also yet to use one of them. But there are plenty to choose from if KL.

underachiever:
SS. Who do you use to dive the rivers? And are you looking for fossils/teeth when you you dive the rivers? How far is this from Charleston? May be in the Charleston area in June for a few days.

I told the operator I would not be using them when they told me $20 for the 2 tanks and then $10 more for the weights. I do see some shops in Key Largo that do this also but usually only about $12-15 for tanks and weights for both dives. I have also yet to use one of them. But there are plenty to choose from if KL.

Been on many a boat, never heard of charging for weights. Also check out DeepSouthRivers.com. Alec puts on a great trip as well.
:monkeydan

Under,
I usually dive out of my boat with friends looking for sunken treasure but we only find sharks teeth indian artifacts and enough coke, pepsi & 40 oz bottles to retire on. I don't charge for weights or tanks. My policy to bring your own :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom