Charleston 60 Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Was wondering if anyone has dove this wreck or not. My brother and I are looking into possible diving it in August, and am wondering if it is worth the money. Any information?

I think if I were paying to do a dive in Charleston, I'd spring the extra money to go deeper. I like to dive Charleston sixty, but most of the time it's my second dive of the day after a much deeper 100'-110' dive. However if the diver's are new divers the Charleston sixty is great, because there's nothing really to get stuck in or lost around..... hope this answers your questions. FYI this time last year there were two very large sand tiger sharks hanging around, and I've seen hammer heads out there too. But there's also some great smaller species fish to spear as well if that is the interest.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, we are new to Charleston diving, and diving in general. We figured since this one is only 60 feet deep and "open" it would be a good "beginner" wreck dive so to speak. Charleston Scuba wants $115 for 2 dives. I am not sure if that includes tanks or not. Does that sound a little pricey or about normal for Charleston dives?

I'm pretty sure that's without tanks or other equipment. Might check out LowcountryScuba.com I know they run charters as well, and the guys in their shop are pretty nice. Those are the only two places in Charleston I know of that offer Commercial Dive Charters.

Back
Top Bottom