Charging time Dive Rite wreck 1 Lead sealed battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I Have lost my manual so I ordered new battery and charger the new auto sensing ect, any way my old batteries the lead sealed type for a Dive Rite wreck 1 (Lead sealed) battery. has the old square one single charge red light anyone remember how long to charge them for . Thanks sure hope someone can help with this.

I believe I have the same light (please see attached picture) however, the manual just refers to it as the Wreck light..........:)

As far as charging, I have the TOC brand charger........a red LED lights up when charging first starts and then dims and finally goes out when fully charged...........

The manual does not really address max charging time...........

1..........follow any charger/battery specific instructions you get with your light.......
2..........charging time varies form 4 to 12 hours or more...........
3..........there is a CAUTION - failure to disconnect your battery form the charger before leaving them unattended for extended periods of time may cause damage to these items..........

I just use the indicator light............

Hope this helps..........M

Attachments

• IMG_3235.JPG
    IMG_3235.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 73
thats the one thanks allot , man the new batteries are expensive .

The 2.9 amp/hr is one option but to get the most burn time, put a pair of Powersonic 2.3 amp/hr batts in parallel in there. (50% more burn time than the 2.9).

Also, that TOC charger is not a very good charger and will cook your batteries if left unattended. What you want for this size battery is a Battery Tender Junior :) (about $35 at Pep Boys or online)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom