Channel Islands Liveaboard Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwest

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It looks like I am finally going to do a Channel Islands Liveaboard this year and if I don't reach dive 100 by then I will definitely be celebrating Dive 100 on the boat (right now I'm at 86) :D
There are currently three trips that fit my schedule:

July 30 - August 2 (4 day on Vision) organized by Finstad's Worldwide Diving
August 1-4 (4 day on Conception) organized by Diver Dans
August 8-10 (3 day on Vision) organized by Any Water Sports

Any advice or opinions on the boats or groups that are organizing the trips would be appreciated. Also if any of you are interested in joining let me know.

(((kevin)))

Heh. Great idea. I did my 100th dive on a Truth Aquatics CI trip. The two boats, Vision and Conception are practically identical, though Vision is very slightly bigger.

All the trips you list are going to the southern islands (San Clemente, etc) and that's great, San Clemente has some wonderful diving and breathtaking walls at the southern end. You're very likely to have a great time and find good buddies with any of these groups. If you know the people at AWS then you probably already know someone who will be on the boat. I've talked to Kristy Finstad about going on one of their trips over the years and, while I haven't yet, she has always fun to talk to and I know they have been doing TA charters for decades.

I'm going to really try hard to get down there myself this summer, but will probably go with the Pinnacles charter on Vision July 11-13.

Both the Vision and the Conception are fantastic boats. But they are both Truth Aquatics and Truth Aquatics doesn't pump Nitrox.

The Peace Dive Boat goes out of Ventura and the Horizon out of San Diego. Both of those boats pump Nitrox.

All these live-aboards stack you in like cordwood downstairs. It's bunks and more bunks. The Horizon has bunks in cabins but none of those nice cabins with bathrooms.

Congratulations on doing a Channel island live aboard. It's my favorite place to dive because it's close enough. If you want more information, feel free to pm me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom