Suggestion changing users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

sashababy22

Reaction score
i am having a hard time logging out and back intomy name, currently i am still onlione using my gfriends name. everytime i log out and open the browser, it remembers her and i cannot uncheck that box. im sure i am missing something so can you please point out what is oblivious to me right now? :i1_2:

I'm sure the 'big guy' will be along shortly. But I think the answer is to delete all cookies from your computer. If you haven't done this, for Internet Explorer, start it up, at the top under "Tools", choose "Internet Options" and halfway down the box under the "General" tab is a button to "Delete Cookies". While your there, I'd do a clean up and hit "delete files", then check the delete all offline content. Internet caches local copies of pages when you're browsing and when you re-visit a site compares and only has to download pages that have changed. But occasionally it can get confused and use the local copy. So cleaning up periodically, helps prevent that. It can alos free up a lot of space. If you hit the settings button in the same area, under "amount of disk space to use" 40 to 80MB is more than enough and any more is wasting space. If I recall, the default is 1% of your drive, which for a 40G drive is 400MB. To reduce it below 1%, you can't use the slider, just highlight the # in the box and type in the figure you want. All my machine (we have a 5 PC network in our house) are set for 40MB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom