Changing hose on Atomic Z1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubacalifornia:
Anyone have an opinion on the Atomic swivel, and whether it's worth another $50 to buy the titanium version? Is there a significant weight difference between the stainless and titanium? I have a B1 and the pull is starting to bug me. Seems some folks swear by these swivels.

I'm not sure about the titanium version of the swivel but I do have a SS one on my Atomic B2 and that swivel is a very nice creature comfort item. Less pull. Seems to be very well made as are all Atomic products.

I've had the B2 for about 6 months now. I was prepared to not like the swivel, I've had bad experiences with a swivel before. It took me about 1 dive to love it! It has a restricted range of motion, so it doesn't flop around into an odd position, and it "firms up" just right under pressure.

It's just the swivel that came with the reg. Didn't know about the titanium version. Just because it's made from Ti wouldn't make that big of a difference for me, I rinse my gear pretty well so an outside corrosion point is not a concern. The 2nd stage is allready pretty well perfectly weighted, so I don't have a need for lighter components.

All the best, James

Wasn't it here on SB (or maybe it was my instructor) that someone said titanium is a solution to a non-existant problem? From what I've gathered it's major differences are weight and corrosion-resistance. Corrosion shouldn't be a problem if you take care of the reg like you should, right? And as for weight...does it really matter THAT much underwater;-) ? Now, I just ordered a B2 but it wasn't for the titanium. Comfort, dependability, breathability and a reliable manufacturer was what sold me. Plus lots of SB info!!! Opinions?

What are you guys getting quoted for the B2 swivel. I got quoted $125 by a LDS which always seems to have high prices. At that price I wouldn't even consider it as an upgrade, not just for the swivel. I did, however, get the wider exhaust tee/knob through and this definitely makes a difference. I've been curious about using a swivel due to our hose setup so I've been trying an angled swivel adapter on my primary second stage. I haven't had it long but so far no leaks and it firms up very nicely when pressurized so it doesn't flop around. Costs $25. Jury's out on whether or not this is a solution for us or not until we get some more dives in.

Regulator Angled Swivel

$125 is way too expensive. Shop around (& give a call to ScubaToys). There is a thread around here extolling the virtues of the swivel....try a search.

I believe list price on the stainless steel swivel is $75 and the titanium is $125. Divers Discount (scuba.com) in Rancho Santa Margarita is an authorized Atomic dealer and they'll match anyone's pricing (including Leisure Pro) with no hassle. But I didn't see this item on LP's website, though they do list Atomic products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom