Changing dive op attitudes to "solo"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Southern California: Boats? yes, all of them. If you can't dive solo, you might not be the best "buddy diver" either - I guess the theory goes - plus we have a ton of shutterbugs and once in a while hunters.
Now the beach diving is another story, I wouldn't try it around most lifeguards during the summer - litigious California liability concerns and what not. . . if I need a solo dive during the summer in So. California, particularly Laguna Beach, I wait until the lifeguards go home - so that means night diving, which is very cool too if the conditions are a go. (smallish surf, decent vis - etc)

My last dives on a charter in Jersey were Solo...I've been on that particular boat several times though...I was ready at the tuna door before the line was fully set, as soon as it was I jumped in and went down, got back on the boat an hr later with no beefs so I did the same for the second dive....The first time I was on that boat last summer the Captain thought I was diving for yrs when in fact that was my first time on a charter boat and around my 15th dive

Back
Top Bottom