changing color of Apeks ATX40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jplacson

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, I've got an ATX40 octo, and I was wondering if I can buy the external plastic covers to change the yellow parts to black.

The parts I intend to change are:
-front face (I would like the black face of the regular ATX40)
-venturi adjustment lever
-back exhaust cover

Is there any online shop I can find these on? Thanks!

What? You don't like the glow in the dark yellow???

Seriously, I've never seen just the plastic parts for sale online... BUT I'm positive that an authorized dealer can order those parts for you no problem....

Good Luck

jplacson:
Ok, I've got an ATX40 octo, and I was wondering if I can buy the external plastic covers to change the yellow parts to black.

The parts I intend to change are:
-front face (I would like the black face of the regular ATX40)
-venturi adjustment lever
-back exhaust cover

Is there any online shop I can find these on? Thanks!

:lol: actually I do like the glow-in-the-dark yellow. I use it for night-dives. But I do not like the yellow venturi lever or the yellow back. And I would like a black front for day-time use. :)

John,

Did you ever find the pieces you needed?

I'm looking to do the reverse.....I want the yellow on my ugly lookin black tx50 :D

Is the swap easy to do?

Yes, I did find the parts... but haven't gotten around to buying them... they are all easy to replace, the back cover just snaps out... the venturi knob has to be unscrewed though, but not too difficult... I just tried removing my pieces and putting them back... just to see if I could do it myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom