Changes that Senior divers make?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh god. sciatica. the scourge of good people everywhere.

I found a new local place where I can WALK down the rocks & back up! AND, found a Colus Whelk. I'll do this place again before I'm 70 (soon).

The 'fire wall' in my [older] brain has broken down, you hear some idiot on a dive boat boasting about " I dived here and there, done X number of dives,and or being a DM or done F... wit specialty form Dumb and Dumber Agency etc" and it takes ALL your will power to not to say something.

I deleted an example from 2 weeks ago, he may be a poster here.:holysheep:

One of the great things of modern tech is being able to download the dive from the Shearwater to the phone and thence onto The Cloud where it's saved and available to all your other devices

I really need to figure out how to do that though.

Fortunately I still have all my Shearwater logs on my MacBook Pro because when I changed to a MacBook Air for traveling I lost access to my Shearwater logs during a Mac upgrade :mad: and I don't have any friends that are really that Mac savvy who can help me sort it out. Still, these logs probably don't even cover a quarter of my total dives. I used to download my Suunto to some software on my desktop, but that's lost and gone, but I still have my paper logs with all my buddy signatures and stamps.

I frequently used to travel to places where internet is sometimes unavailable so this cloud thing isn't really an option, plus with all the frikken hacking etc., going on these days, how secure are these free networks in malls and coffee shops? I do like my paper logs :D

Still laughing at that!

I thought that with 18 cylinders whilst diving open circuit (backmount and sidemount) that I'd simply get rid of most of them when I got a rebreather.

I now have 28 cylinders. Just bought another twinset for use as a rich helium bank.

I might get rid of a pair of ali80s but they're full of helium mixes. Oh heck; I need a booster and a compressor....

Actually am nursing a mild back-ache as there's so many, lifting some over the others pulled my back!

I guess I should have been more specific :):):) I did buy a booster and will order my compressor next week or so. I am always in the market for more 2 or 3 liter tanks to make swapping around easier. But I'm done with buying larger ones for diving.

Physical fitness dictate everything.
But definitely no more 5 dives a day for me for quite a while. Have to take it easy.

@Centrals Good point on physical fitness. Feeling fit, sure increases my diving endurance, ability & confidence. So I’m spending more time working my eating right & fitness.

Back
Top Bottom