Changes that Senior divers make?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For just over 30 years, I worked in a career that had a Compulsory Retirement Age of 55. I retired at 54.
Same in HK for those in disciplinary force. But most of them have no problem to find another job after retirement.

This truly is the voice of reason.
Being in denial is very normal.
Nothing's changed. I steadfastly refuse to recognize my limitations.
Some of us are 30 year olds with 40+ years experience ,then you wake up, you are still alive and 'doing it ', living life , not at the same pace.
To answer the question: Changes that Senior divers make?
Last 12 months.

. Only one dive over 30m last year
. Six dives to 27- 28m last year
. Most dives 45-50 min in the 15m-18m range
. SP Hydros pro [simple harness] for local boat dives, easy on/off, very comfortable back inflate.
.Solo shore walk in dives, SS BP/W and pony [struggled with the plate and wing on the local boats the last couple of years]
It was after a dive to 28m with the wing trying to climb a [crap] boat ladder in a swell that I said " I have had enough, can't do it anymore", went back to a jacket for one dive, forgot what a pain it was and bought the Scubapro Hydros Pro.
. EAN on all dives, 32%-37% [depends on depth, as you all know] all last year.
. Will not give up diving, it's my "Zen", especially when solo.
. Have not done a night dive for a couple of years, it is past "beer o'clock" [and I have done enough for a two lifetimes].
Is it time for a nap?

@Wibble

Dive boat with a lift. I wish.

Am honestly surprised that this isn't a normal feature on virtually all hard boats. I'm struggling to think of the last time I dived on a hard boat -- not a RIB -- that's not got a dive lift.

Wonder why this is the case? UK waters are 'lumpy', but then again so are the waters you dive in. Our kit is pretty much the same too.

Ah, British divers fussy so-and-sos. We only dive on boats with dive lifts and who must also serve hot tea. And there's plenty of space to spread out...

Dive lift and boat deck.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom