Changes in your diving area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_gorilla

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went out on Columbus day for a dive at my favorite site on the east coast of Korea called Daejin. I've been diving here for four years but I noticed (finally) that things aren't the same.
What really got my attention were the trumpet fish. I've only seen them while diving in Jeju about 250 miles south. Also, reef squid are in abundance. I used to only see juvenile ones while night diving. Now there are schools about 30-40 and 18-24 inches long during the day.
When I got home I checked my old log books and found that the water temps fluctuated more from summer to winter and the water was generally colder. During this time in years past, water was around 68 deg. now it's around 72. Also, in April, when the water was coldest, it used to be 33 deg; now it's 40. So the temps have gotten slightly warmer and the temperature variations have decreased.
So my question. Have you noticed these changes in your favorite local dive spot? Or maybe in a destination you visit annually at the same time? Let me know.

My worst day of diving was still better than my best day of working.

The last sentence is interesting, it is true :). I'm generally diving at a flooded mine called Barbora. There are different condicions each time. Visibility 0 - 12 m, water temperature 6 - 15 Celsius dgr. I think different conditions are better for improving my skill. And it is more interesting when the environment is not still same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom