Changes in pressure and menstrual flow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That makes sense. But I think nosebleeds at altitude have to do with low-density air being dry, which dries out the mucus membranes inside the nose when you breathe. It's not a direct effect of the pressure change.

Did you ever mention that incident to your gyno? It's probably worth making sure they're aware, even at this late date.

I hesitate to bring this up, because it's one of those things we fans can be obnoxiously evangelical about, but...have you looked into a Diva cup/Moon cup/other silicone menstrual cup? My heavy flow used to require tampon changes every 2 hours, but I can easily go 12 hours with the cup. I also don't need to bring boxes upon boxes of menstrual products on a trip, because it's reusable. Just a thought.

No, as a matter of fact, I never mentioned this to anyone. Only my friends that were with me at the time know about it. I'll talk about it to my doc next time.

As for the cups, I've never had the urge to use them as, I say, my flow is nothing to write home about. At my age (late forties), I don't think I'll try them, as I don't feel like innovating when there are so few opportunities left (I hope!), but who knows? Maybe what I should do is go diving while on my period, instead of avoiding it, and see what happens. If it isn't affected at all (and all your posts seem to point that way), I won't need to make any changes to my present arrangement. It seems it's clear that that's how it should be. If it isn't, I'll certainly let my doctor know about it. But I hope I'll have no problem.

Thanks again everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom