Changes at Ginnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
So this week I noticed some new changes at Ginnie.

First there was a big banner claiming that Ginnie was a family friendly environment saying that firearms, excessive drinking, excessive profanity, lewd behavior isn't allowed and you will be ejected without a refund.

There was a lot more staff, including at least one park ranger who looked into vehicles and rode around actively which is rare on a weekday.

Supposed there will be changes for holiday weekends and events, there will no longer be anymore camping in the fields. GSO will be deploying their command center for all future events, apparently Memorial Day Weekend was the first time they haven't done that since they reopened for the pandemic. They will also be hiring armed security to patrol and be visible on property.

Should be interesting to see if any of this works and it is too bad that it took two murders and two more people shot for them to take action. Also hopefully they push the costs of this onto the day entries not divers as we had nothing to do with it.

Sadly their focus has been to dissuade large groups of divers and focus on day trippers and camping.. Would love to do a mega dive again, but they pretty much forced us out..

So the rent a cop can carry a gun, but I can’t?

So the rent a cop can carry a gun, but I can’t?

Yes. That's exactly what it means.

Perhaps you've heard the expression "concealed carry means concealed carry"?
Which goes hand in hand with "What you don't know can't hurt me".

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom