Change dive number in SmartTrak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beiji

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a netbook that I only use for testing client websites and running SmartTrak, so I'm a little ignorant of all things Windows. Is there any way to change the dive number in SmartTrak?

Hi,
Sorry for a late reaction;
to me it seems that the sequence/numbering is strictly date/time (day/month/year ) related. You can however insert "new" dives manually (the new dive copies automatically your laptops date and time, so in order to insert them where you like, adjust the laptop's date temporarily), copy all the related data from the chosen dive and finally delete the "original" dive) which would give you some manoeuvrability.
There is also an option to renumber all the dives, choosing another starting point for the first dive of the list (instead of nr. 1, choose e.g. 20 or 560, then the rest will be conseuently renumbered, but always date dependent.

Good luck.

Thanks, Rongen. I was able to renumber as needed by renumbering the first dive in the log book as you suggested. Logbook > Renumber. That was quite a "duh" moment for me!

It's amazing that whoever wrote the software does not allow you to simply change the dive number, except by renumbering everything. I have the same issue with Suunto's Dive Manager.

adam

Back
Top Bottom