CF200X Fitting and Ordered Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, picked it up today. Stock XL but I think I could have fit in something smaller. Diveshop trimmed my seals and said that it fits good but if I would have went the custom route, it would not have been changed much. It is functional so I guess I am happy with it.

The water is calling. Who wants to dive now?

I am personally aware of a few guys up my way that only changed seals over the years and nothing else. I will soon find out this week if it was worth the money.
Give it 3 or 4 years before you decide it was worth the $$$. I've owned 2 DUI suits, and besides their seals (I hate the bulk of the Zip Seal, the cost of the Zip Gloves, and the quick breakdown of their glue on seals) they are good suits. Fit is a personal consideration and only you can decide if you got a good fit. Unfortunately, as a first time buyer you didn't know what you were looking for fit wise, but I hope you are happy with it.

I just ordered one myself. I got the zip seals/dry gloves. CF-200 is the suit of choice for the commercial scallop and urchin divers here in Maine because it's durability. I've been diving neoprene suits for the last seven years, I figured it's time to move up. Some guys will cover the knee pads with a layer of aquaseal to protect them. Scallop diving here, you're crawling around on the bottom more than actually swimming because of the current. Also, most guys I know have our local dive shop remove the bootie/foot of the DUI and install a Harvy's drysuits boot. It's more durable than the DUI bootie and you can wear thicker socks with it so it's warmer. I'm having them installed as soon as my suit shows up. If you want to buy size 11 over shoes that come with my suit let me know.

I just ordered one myself. I got the zip seals/dry gloves. CF-200 is the suit of choice for the commercial scallop and urchin divers here in Maine because it's durability. I've been diving neoprene suits for the last seven years, I figured it's time to move up. Some guys will cover the knee pads with a layer of aquaseal to protect them. Scallop diving here, you're crawling around on the bottom more than actually swimming because of the current. Also, most guys I know have our local dive shop remove the bootie/foot of the DUI and install a Harvy's drysuits boot. It's more durable than the DUI bootie and you can wear thicker socks with it so it's warmer. I'm having them installed as soon as my suit shows up. If you want to buy size 11 over shoes that come with my suit let me know.

Thanks for the boot cover offer.
One big question. What type of dry gloves do you guys wear and do you use a cover over the top of the gloves for protection?

OK for anyone who cares, here is my first dry suit experience report:

1) Noticed the drysuit squeeze pretty quick. Sooner than expected. Easy to overcome with the inflator valve.

2) When the outside temp is 22 and the water temp is 42, you need dry-gloves without a doubt or at least I do. On my way to purchase a pair when I finish here. This was my only problem.

3) I use a lot less air diving dry in cold water such as today's 42 F water temp.

4) Buoyancy and trim appears to be easier than diving wet. Don't know why that is but it is a fact with me.

5) Except at the surface, no air in my BCD at all, zero.

6) Going from a 7mm H2 with hood, gloves, booties, etc and only using 10 lbs, I added 3 in each pouch for a total of 6 additional (16 total). Seemed to work out just fine. May drop 2 pounds and try that. (fresh water)

7) Still get that cold water feeling when I move my head and feel in on the upper part of the back of my neck. Did not use the DUI hood that came with the suit. I like my thicker H2 hood.

8) Water freezes on your suit and equipment very quickly when you get out of the water. Need to undo the RockBoots quicker before the laces freeze.

9) Overall a much more comfortable dive than 2 weeks ago when I dove wet for a couple of hours (3 dives in 52 deg F water).

10) After today's experience, I give DUI a thumbs up.

OK for anyone who cares, here is my first dry suit experience report:

1) Noticed the drysuit squeeze pretty quick. Sooner than expected. Easy to overcome with the inflator valve.

2) When the outside temp is 22 and the water temp is 42, you need dry-gloves without a doubt or at least I do. On my way to purchase a pair when I finish here. This was my only problem.

3) I use a lot less air diving dry in cold water such as today's 42 F water temp.

4) Buoyancy and trim appears to be easier than diving wet. Don't know why that is but it is a fact with me.

5) Except at the surface, no air in my BCD at all, zero.

6) Going from a 7mm H2 with hood, gloves, booties, etc and only using 10 lbs, I added 3 in each pouch for a total of 6 additional (16 total). Seemed to work out just fine. May drop 2 pounds and try that. (fresh water)

7) Still get that cold water feeling when I move my head and feel in on the upper part of the back of my neck. Did not use the DUI hood that came with the suit. I like my thicker H2 hood.

8) Water freezes on your suit and equipment very quickly when you get out of the water. Need to undo the RockBoots quicker before the laces freeze.

9) Overall a much more comfortable dive than 2 weeks ago when I dove wet for a couple of hours (3 dives in 52 deg F water).

10) After today's experience, I give DUI a thumbs up.

Which undergarments did you wear?

Congratulations on your new suit! :D
I just got my new Flex Extreme from DUI and I love it! I dove a couple demo suits at my local demo days and can't even imagine diving wet again if the conditions warrant a 7mm suit. I dove yesterday with an air temp of 22F and a water temp of 37F. I still use wet gloves for now. With my core so much warmer I don't have cold hands like I did in my wet suit.

Just came back from the Florida Keys and dove with this suit the entire trip. I was the only one diving dry and the only one warm at the end of the day. Still working out well.

When I dove in the keys in water 68-72 F I wore thermal underwear from REI.com that wicks water away from you. Worked perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom