CF200X Fitting and Ordered Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I believe there is a 4 week wait but I should be getting my DUI suit by the 1st week of December. Too bad Dutch closes before then. One more cold weekend in my wetsuit.

I was fortunate to fit into a stock size so that saved some money and time.

There have been many discussions about which suit, brand, model etc. but I will share some of my reasons for my choice, not in any particular order.

1) Local dive shop and all instructors have this suit and combined have thousands of dives in their DUI.

2) Was initially drawn to the TLS350 since the SEALS and Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers use this suit(one of the suits they use) and it is lightweight. I figured if that material can meet US Mil Specs then it should be good enough for me. The CF200X just has more durability and I did not want to have to worry about tears.

3) The price was right at the local dive shop and DUI is running a special on the undergarments so packaging worked out well.

4) I get a dry suit course as a bonus.

5) Warranty, Reputation and Service provided by DUI. I had already spoken directly with the staff several times before I went into my dealers shop.

Of course, to each their own. This is my choice and I am looking forward to extending my diving season in the Northeast which is the primary reason for going dry.

I believe there is a 4 week wait but I should be getting my DUI suit by the 1st week of December. Too bad Dutch closes before then. One more cold weekend in my wetsuit.

You just have to wait until December 31 for the New Years Eve dive. :D

2) Was initially drawn to the TLS350 since the SEALS and Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers use this suit(one of the suits they use) and it is lightweight. I figured if that material can meet US Mil Specs then it should be good enough for me. The CF200X just has more durability and I did not want to have to worry about tears.

The CF200 still isn't indestructible, as I found out the hard way. I managed to put a pin sized hole in the suit after about two months. It was on the back of my right knee likely from swimming through a wreck. Five minutes with aqua seal took care of it.

Might be at Dutch on Sunday for 2 dives in the AM. Still wet.

Just found out it is on its way from San Diego as of Tuesday. Hope to dive with it next weekend. They tell me I am a stock XL but I am still not buying it as I have a more athletic figure. I hope my first maiden voyage stays dry unlike some of the stories on here.

You just have to wait until December 31 for the New Years Eve dive. :D

The CF200 still isn't indestructible, as I found out the hard way. I managed to put a pin sized hole in the suit after about two months. It was on the back of my right knee likely from swimming through a wreck. Five minutes with aqua seal took care of it.

Cleary nothing is "indestructible" - DUI is concise and clear about which drysuit is their "toughest and most durable" - its the CF200. Its all over their website and published information.

Cleary nothing is "indestructible" - DUI is concise and clear about which drysuit is their "toughest and most durable" - its the CF200. Its all over their website and published information.

No kidding. I was referring to their marketing calling it 'overkill for most.'

I wouldn't call it overkill when:
1. It got a hole after two months.
2. The seals started to breakdown and crack requiring they be replaced under warranty after two months
3. The zipper started to fray after three months.

Funny, for $2500+ I expected it to be, while not necessarily indestructible, at least durable. Three separate problems in three months isn't tough or durable and that is with following their care instructions after every dive.

I still maintain it is a good drysuit but you need to see past the hype put out by their marketing department.

No kidding. I was referring to their marketing calling it 'overkill for most.'

I wouldn't call it overkill when:
1. It got a hole after two months.
2. The seals started to breakdown and crack requiring they be replaced under warranty after two months
3. The zipper started to fray after three months.

Funny, for $2500+ I expected it to be, while not necessarily indestructible, at least durable. Three separate problems in three months isn't tough or durable and that is with following their care instructions after every dive.

I still maintain it is a good drysuit but you need to see past the hype put out by their marketing department.

Seals and zipper would be the same with any of their suits. Its the crushed neo that makes it "tougher" than the others.

Anyones product could have a flaw - I wouldnt judge the suit based on one persons experience the CF200 has thousands of users (since 1985 I think( that used that suit for a long time that will attest to its durability.

I hope your experience with it gets better in time.

I am personally aware of a few guys up my way that only changed seals over the years and nothing else. I will soon find out this week if it was worth the money.

Jar546- Well thought out, well reasoned, and good for you for making a decision based on what appears to be right for you. The CF200 is a tough suit as yes there are other suit manufacturers but this is the one YOU chose, so enjoy.

Jar546- Well thought out, well reasoned, and good for you for making a decision based on what appears to be right for you. The CF200 is a tough suit as yes there are other suit manufacturers but this is the one YOU chose, so enjoy.

Correct. I am not 2nd guessing myself like I have with other purchases. I am cautious enough to wait and see the results after it arrives.

Will be looking for somewhere to dive this weekend. I may want to get a quick pool day to check for fit, leaks and buoyancy change. Right now with a 7mm suit, hood, 5 mm gloves and booties I only carry 10lbs in my BC. I may have to add 3-4 lbs but will try it out as is. I only got the heavy undergarment though. Pool day might be way too hot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom