Cf200 / Cnx200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swedish diver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Pretty recently I was certain- I was going to get the NDiver's CNX suit. Now however, I'm confused. Yesterday I found a nice CF200SE (nice price too).

The CF200SE is about 3 years old - but never used. Are there any cons associated with that fact (has the design improved much the last three years?).

The DUI also has Apeks valves (unsvivled inlet) and non-low-profile exhaust. Are these better / worse than the "modern" swiveled low-profile valves? The connection is Apeks' own standard - (not the one I have on my wing). Is this any bad?

Also - if I after all decide to get the DUI
- where can I find DUI rock boots (living in sweden)
- what hood is recommended?
- there is no zip flap what will happen when the zip presses against the SS backplate. Could it get damaged? Any way to fix this problem (with minimum effort)?

Thank you all who respond

/Kristian

Hi Swedish Diver,
Not that much has changed in the CF200 to my eye... we have a two year old one and a brand new one and they appear the same... however I would not go with the non-covered zip nor the non-swivel inlet nor the high profile exhaust. I don't like the across the back zipper either.

Now if you are able to get an exceptional price and thus afford to replace the valves and have a protective flap installed over the zipper then it might be worth putting up with the non-self donning aspect of a rear entry.

But I suspect that the best course of action is to get the CNX.

Thanks

I've thought a little about what you wrote, and my conclusions are that even when having replaced valves and added on an external zip-flap, the DUI should be cheaper. The rear-entry is actually what I prefer. I'm flexible enough to open / close it all by myslelf. So I think I'll just go with the DUI.

Regards

/Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Here comes some Swedish advice again.

You can never go wrong with a CF 200 DUI suit. I personally use a custom fit DUI CF 200 Tech suit since-98, and enjoy it very much. I just replaced the neckseal, and removed the ring system (replaced with military/thicker latex wrist seals), and it is like new again. I do not need the rings in sothern California...

It is one of the most durable and comfortable dry suits you can get. It is however a bit more expensive compared to some other brands sold in Sweden, but you get what you pay for...

As for valves, I removed the Apeks valves (DUI often glues them, so have a repair tech do the work for you) to the Swedish Si Tech, which i think are better. They swivel and the inflow of air from the valve is a bit slower compared to the Apeks, which is good when diving in cold waters (less risk of freezing the first stage). If you have regular latex seals on your DUI suit, Si Tech makes a ring system that you easially can place on the outside without modifying the suit. there is an other company here in the US that has a similar idea. In that way you can have a ring system for cold water diving with the regular latex seals as backup, should your gloves be punctured during a dive. Much better in my opoinion.

Again, Oceanic Dykskola in Sweden are the main importer of DUI suits. Tord Henricksson is the main responsible salesperson/manager for the contacts with DUI.

Sincerely

Anders :D

The CF200 is a rock solid suit! Only 3 years old and never used??? You will have that suit for a VERY long time. The suit is a back zip, so as long as you don't mind asking for a hand to zip up the suit...you are good to go.

Honestly, I do like the swivel inlet, but if the non-swivel is set to where it is comfortable for you, it should be fine or you can always have it replaced. The connection point stands up very well.

Rock Boots = the suit should come with rock boots unless there are turbo soles on the suit
Hood = The warm neck hood is really nice because it lays over the latex neck seal and covers an area otherwise not insulated, keeping you warmer over all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom