CF 200 price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I Just got back from my LDS with a quote for a DUI CF 200:

Custom fit
Hood/gloves (not dry gloves)
front diagonal zipper
2 standard utility pockets with inside D ring
self replacement wrist and neck seals
Laced Rock boots
(I have my own wooly undergarments)

He quoted me $2700 (and some change) Three questions:

Is he in the ball park on his pricing?
Any opinions on the CF200 (preferably from those who own one.)
Any opinions on the above options (any adds or deletes?)

Thanks for the coming replies.

That's about 10% off retail for a signature series suit, which is per the dealer agreement the least he can charge. Taking the zip seals into account you're almost 20% off.
When the water gets below 50 deg I really love the zip gloves.

Looks pretty darned good for a custom fit.

Well, like gasoline, there's probably a difference between SOCAL's and Ohio's pricing; $2.95 per gal. in the Buckeye state.

I love my CF200. That is a good price for all the extras you got. Get some dry gloves. Not only will your hands be warmer but you will have greater dexterity than with neoprene wet gloves. Enjoy the suit

Pricing is on the website dui-online.com

That price sound about right. I have 2 Cf200 Signatures wouldn't have anything else!

Dave

Not to hijack the thread but... After diving dry for 15+ years I finally broke down and got myself a CF200 a suit I've lusted after forever, and I love the fit, the flexibility, and the warmth but compared to other suits I've owned this one always seems damp inside. Does anyone else have this problem, does it sweat more than tri-lams, neoprenes, vulc rubber, am I leaking, and thoughts on this would be appreciated because my pervasive dampness is the only negative I can say about this suit.

Not to hijack the thread but... After diving dry for 15+ years I finally broke down and got myself a CF200 a suit I've lusted after forever, and I love the fit, the flexibility, and the warmth but compared to other suits I've owned this one always seems damp inside. Does anyone else have this problem, does it sweat more than tri-lams, neoprenes, vulc rubber, am I leaking, and thoughts on this would be appreciated because my pervasive dampness is the only negative I can say about this suit.

Not a hijack----I need all the info I can get before I plunk down that amount of $$. Keep the comments coming.

All of the guys I dive with have opted for the Turbo Soles instead of the Rock boots. I haven't used rock boots, but I've used a CF200 with Turbo Soles and liked it. Superior Drysuit repair will glue the soles on your existing socks if you decide the Rock Boots aren't for you at a later time. My guess is that the larger your feet, the less you are going to want rock boots due to fin selection. I have a Bare suit, and size 13 feet. I recently had the Bare boots removed and Turbo soles installed. I can get my feet most of the way into XL Jets, but find the Aqua Lung Rockets in size "Super" to be a better fit. I'm switching from large to medium Halcyon spring straps on the Rockets with the Turbo Soles. I used Turtles, and they were like having pieces of paper strapped to my feet. The XXL Jets are large enough to park a Smart Car in so they weren't an option either. All of the above is probably a moot point if you have size 10 or smaller feet:wink:

I had a CF 200 with sox/rock boots. I noticed after about 50-60 dives, that the bottom of the "sox" rubbed on the boots. Add a few rocks in my boots, here and there, guess what??? the suit had leaks on the bottom of both feet. Go with an attached boot/turbo sole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom