Certify in two days, third day to Epcot DiveQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What certification did you get? Surely not any form of full open water? Maybe a scuba diver thing or similar?

Just came back from Orlando, all six of us got certified! Video from our Epcot trip!
Now I am addicted!

Looks like fun! We're going to be in Orlando after Christmas - I think I'll book a spot.

and I realize everyone is handed Disney issued gear but there was a lot of scary looking divers standing around underwater in that video. Be careful as you venture into an uncontrolled environment.

Pete

They do MASSIVELY overweight you. That said, i didn't realise at the time but on looking at the DVD i have at home of the whole thing a rather scary number of the divers couldnt descend without holding the rope in a death grip and a fair number ascended at the end climbing the rope as if it was running up a tree.

rhap4boy, Really cool video! Thanks! We are planning a WDW trip to include DiveQuest next year (to celebrate our 20th anniversary!). Getting to "dive with Mickey" was my main motivation for getting certified!

I think I'm going to post a thread about DiveQuest.

I'm sorry but in my opinion this Epcot video is the best publicity to show why NOT to organise 2 day crash course certifications.

As I understand all those divers in the video are OW certified... ? I really hope they don't take their certification too seriously...

As I understand all those divers in the video are OW certified... ? I really hope they don't take their certification too seriously...

I don't know how seriously they (the DiveQuest tourists) take their certs but their scuba skills are similar to a great deal of the divers I encounter in Key Largo on a regular basis. And different from a great deal of the divers I see in NJ on a regular basis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom