Certification card dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many thanks to the helpful members who took time to respond in this thread. The SB folks represent a really great collective!

Special thanks to @runsongas for helping remedy the issue painlessly and to @abnfrog who so generously gave his time through both PMs and over the phone.

I followed the advice @runsongas provided and have a new AOW card from SEI. Scuba Educators International is a great outfit and I advise all who still use a YMCA card to get a replacement through SEI.
AOWcard.JPG

Thank you, that had occurred to me but doing so would amount to duplicative course-work and expense, both of which I want to avoid.

In many warmer locales (e.g. Caribbean...) the cost of an AOW course is barely more than the cost of the same number of boat trips. You can essentially get the AOW course for next to nothing, and you get to dive with an instructor and possible learn something new (heck, I'm an instructor and I almost always learn something new on every dive trip... just because people share good ideas.)

And then you'll also get a new card.

Back
Top Bottom