Certification Agency Poll

What is your Certifying Agency (Check all that apply)

• PADI

Votes: 462 65.3%
  • NAUI

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • SSI

Votes: 150 21.2%
  • YMCA

Votes: 32 4.5%
  • GUE

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • TDI

Votes: 79 11.2%
  • CMAS

Votes: 21 3.0%
  • IANTD

Votes: 69 9.7%
  • ANDI

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • BSAC

Votes: 19 2.7%
  • PDIC

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • NASE

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • IDEA

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • NSS-CDS

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • NACD

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • SDI

Votes: 21 3.0%
  • MDEA

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • SAA

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • ACUC

Votes: 10 1.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI Master Instructor and proud of it!
Dive Safe,
Rooster

I got my c-card from PADI because it was the only one available in my area. I do not think that they gave me all that I needed and do not personally care for the shop. I have since made a shop 350 miles from here my LDS and will do the remainder of my training with them or some other which is not PADI. I was sent one thing after another from PADI to which they wanted me to subscribe or buy. I did not reply to them, and even after they said this was my "last chance!" they continued to send me things in order to get money. This kind of behavior on their part makes me as mad as the idiots that use phone solicitation. I have seen many people refer to this agency as "Put Another Dollar In" and I tend to agree with them.

Ok, I'll end this now before I make myself really upset.

I am not intending to offend anyone that is affiliated with PADI. I do not care for their agency, this does not mean I don't like the people who work for them.

Later, Hawk.

Original c- card was through NAUI, way back when. The rest up throught Rescue and Nitrox are with PADI. DM will also be PADI . Wreck certification, this summer will be YMCA. :tree: Bob

If you don't mind me pointing out, but you overlooked several other fine agencies:

PDIC: Professional Diving Instructors Corporation, Intl., a founding member of the RSTC

NASE: National Association of Scuba Educators

IDEA: International Diving Educatiors Association

Open Water certifications: YMCA and PADI
Advanced Open Water: PADI
Rescue Diver certification: PADI
Dive Supervisor (Dive Master): PDIC
Dive Instructor: PDIC

:thumb:

How about adding BS-AC for our UK friends.

I suppose I have been asleep but what is the story with PADI and Dive link that everyone seems to going on about?

OK Gang...I think the poll is up to date. Thanks Ed, Liquid, Watergal, et.al. for helping with the list. We certainly don't want to leave any agency off the poll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom