Cephalopods in love

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This pair let me spend a very long time with them and just kept doing what they were doing. She was also depositing eggs under a bit of coral behind them. He would move out a bit away from her, then move back...sometimes rubbing her, other times just changing colours and texture. It was truly an amazing experience that I doubt I will ever have again. I finally was out of time and memory so left them in peace.

Way Cool. Nice picture, too. I would have really liked to have seen that.

That's when you wish you had video! Great photo.

wow great pics, the cephalopods are one of my favourite groups of animals. Even have a big octopus tattoo on my arm. Cuttlefish are always so beautiful to watch. You were very lucky, well done.

You wouldn't by chance be able to remember which one is the boy and which one is the girl?

Yup, the bigger one in front is the boy and the one behind is the girlie.

Dee - I DID have video with me but didn't take any that day...I was too busy fiddling with settings on the still camera and being awed by this behaviour. I did take video last year of a group of cuttlies in the mating dance, but nothing like this...

I was extremely blessed to watch this - whenever I think about it or look at the pictures, I still think "amazing".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom