Central Florida Area OW Certification Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djpeteski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am in east Orlando, but have the capability to travel. The wife and I own a condo in Del Ray Beach.

We were looking at Adventure Diving in Crystal River, which is no where near East Orlando or Del Ray.

[h=5]Thoughts?[/h]

I took a live-aboard trip with the folks from Dayo Scuba in Orlando a few years ago. While I've never taken a class with them, they seemed like good and competent instructors based on the conversations I had with them.

Near Delray, Underwater Explorers is a good suggestion. People get certified in Boynton, WPB and Jupiter all the time, so I'd not worry too much about the site profiles given the instructors in these areas are used to teaching with the typical conditions in these areas (e.g. drift dives which can be a bit deep at times).

My sister took a refresher class through Force-E's WPB location a few years ago and was very happy. Force-E also has a Boca and a Pompano location though I don't know the instructors at those locations.

I've done advanced training with the Scuba Club in WPB, Jupiter Dive Center in (obviously) Jupiter and Gold Coast Scuba in Lauderdale by the Sea. They are all good choices in my opinion.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom